MTR-i Team Roles - purchase and use
In order to purchase/use the MTR-i you need to have a basic qualification that shows you know how to use psychometric instruments. For example, in the UK, the British Psychological Society issue a "statement of competence" to everyone who qualifies to their basic/introductory level ("level A").
However, "level A" means different things in different countries, and even to different organisations in the same country. For example, in the US, CPP (who produce and distribute the MBTI) use "Level A" to indicate that an instrument is available to anyone; but NCS and PAN use level A to indicate the strictest criteria - that the highest level of qualification is required.
If you are interested in purchasing/using MTR-i materials, you therefore need to consult the distributor for your country (search our site for "contact" details.
MTR-i training workshops
The following workshops are available via most distributors of the MTR-i. Each one provides you with specific skills in using the MTR-i, and qualifies you to obtain and use training slides and materials for use in MTR-i workshops.
Bronze: Using the MTR-i in team building
This is designed for consultants who wish to use the MTR-i in team building for their clients. Topics include:
There is a Bronze qualifying exam which provides access to Bronze materials.
- undertaking a Team Health Check prior to workshop events
- planning team building interventions to suit the team issues
- introduction to the MTR-i
- setting appropriate mindsets for completion of the MTR-i
- using the Smarties exercise from the manual
- using team results as a basis for analysing the team's dynamics
- using the MTR-i team wheel as basis for team problem-solving
- creating action plans for team improvement
Silver: Using the MTR-i alongside the MBTI instrument
This is a workshop designed for consultants who wish to use the MTR-i alongside the MBTI. Topics include:
It is a prerequisite for this course that delegates are qualified to administer the MBTI. There is a Silver qualifying exam which provides access to Silver materials.
- comparison of the theories underlying the two instruments
- mindsets for completion of each questionnaire
- intervention strategies, using MBTI first, MTR-i first, or both together
- comparing MBTI and MTR-i team results
- comparing MBTI and MTR-i results for the individual
- interpreting results and implications for the individual, for example in executive coaching
Gold: Advanced Application of the MTR-i Team Roles
This is an advanced workshop that covers advanced applications of the MTR-i, and covers the deeper theory underlying the MTR-i, including:
It is a pre-requisite for this workshop that delegates are fully conversant with the Jungian basis of the theory underlying the MBTI. There is a Gold qualifying exam which provides access to Gold materials.
- exercises to illustrate type bias within teams and generate a more even-handed view of other team members and greater tolerance of difference
- advanced type theory and how it relates to teamwork, including: differentiated and fused functions, active and passive functions, the relationship between abstract/concrete concepts and abstract/concrete functions
- the key principles of product-orientation, including the "products" of each function in terms of the psychological schema, the use of product-orientation in team development, identifying hard and soft products, simple and complex products, and mapping the relationship between them in order to generate personal action plans
- advanced team and personal type dynamics
- the relationship between product-orientation and systems thinking